Heterogeneous Platform “HybriLIT”
“HybriLIT” Heterogeneous Platform is part of the Multipurpose information and computing complex (MICC) of the Laboratory of Information Technologies at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research. Heterogeneous platform consists of a “Govorun” supercomputer and a “HybriLIT” education and testing polygon.
“GOVORUN” Supercomputer is a two-component system that includes CPU-component based on the newest Intel architectures (Intel Xeon Phi and Intel Skylake processors), and GPU-component based on NVIDIA DGX-1 Volta.
Education and testing polygon is based on a heterogeneous structure of computation nodes and allows developing parallel applications for carrying out computation using various computing architectures such as multicore CPUs, Intel Xeon Pho co-processors, and NVIDIA (Tesla K20, K40, K80) GPUs. It also provides a possibility to hold tutorials in parallel programming technologies that help students to learn new computing architectures.
WHO CAN USE IT?
- JINR users
- Attached researchers
- Students who practice in JINR
- Third party staff participating in mutual works
HOW TO KNOW IF I NEED "HYBRILIT"?
- Your task requires a lot of computing resources
- You want to use accelerators of computations: graphics accelerators Nvidia and processors Intel Xeon Phi
- Reduce of the computations time of your tasks
- Study of parallel programming technologies MPI, OpenCL, CUDA
- Accessibility from any computer that has access to the network